Saturday, November 08, 2003

Why aren't there Senior mints?

Hi all,

Hope you're having a great weekend.

I'm off till Wednesday, so I'm pretty happy. Thanks to Veteran's day, I only had to take one day off :)

Going on vacation is always a little traumatic for me. Why? I can never leave without making a clean break. Like yesterday, I was at work later than usual, not able to finish all that I'd liked to have before taking my extra day off. I usually like a clean handoff on projects, but I have never been able to do it. So then, I know I have something hanging over my head when I come back. Not a fun feeling. Oh well.

Anyway, on to happier things.

On Friday I got a chance to satisfy my Potbelly Sandwich craving. I've had this craving for a while, but just haven't gotten a chance to go. I took Brian with me, and I'm sure he liked it as much as I did. And it wasn't just because of the food ;)

Every so often I forget I like something. For no particular reason, it just slips my mind, I guess. This time? Junior Mints. The candy with the familiar white box and green lettering. Every Halloween I come across them, and I just love them! I know what I'll be getting next time I need a candy fix.

So has anyone wondered why there's not a Senior Mint? Or just a Mint?

Don't get me wrong. Junior mint is just the right size and mix of mint and chocolate. But in the age of supersizing and whatnot, why don't we have a Senior Mint? I know, I know, there's extra marketing issues to overcome with a Senior Mint, but still. You have your junior, and then your senior, right? So I was thinking, what size would it be? I would say, with the Junior Mint as the Baseline (about the size of a nickel), a Mint would be the size of say, a silver dollar? And then the Senior Mint would be about the size of a Duncan Imperial Yo-yo? Oh yeah... And then the super size Senior Mint would be as big as a burger. That is a lot of mint, my friend. Becareful not to squeeze it while eating either...

Anyway, enough candy dreams.

As usual, it was a pretty slow day today - I went to sleep pretty early last night, so I didn't sleep in too much. We were off this week for curling too. Bummer.

Oh yeah, so from my lesson learned last year - I brought the good old snowthrower out today and got it gassed up and ready for the winter. After a few pulls, I got it to start and everything seemed to be working well. Bring it on, baby. Bring it on.

-Kirk




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home