Sunday, December 28, 2003

Finding Sarah (like Nemo, but not)

Hi all,

Hope all's well and you've had a great weekend. Quite a few things that have been on the mind as of late...

Like usual, during the day, I have these nifty thoughts that I wanted to share. But the thoughts come and go, and then I'm left with just the frustration of trying to remember what the hell it was I was going to write about... So I bought this voice recorder thingy to help capture my thoughts...

What makes me think that I'll use it more than I did my PDA when I thought I'd use it to capture blog ideas during the day? Iono. It made more sense when I was at the store trying to convince myself that I needed to get one. The recorder's pretty slick though. Maybe I could use it for class instead :) Bonus!

So the magic Sarah McLachlan CD has been found! Obviously I was on something to conjure up the idea of where I put the CD in the first place... I had the vision that I had it together with my John Mayer CD and I left it somewhere. As you might have read before, I found my John Mayer CD (in my car) and the Sarah CD was in the country home next to kitchen radio. No idea how it got there. No idea why I was so certain that the two CDs were together lost somewhere in the house.

The funny thing was that I did check by the kitchen radio (where there are stacks of CDs). Honest. I must have put it there the night I got back from the rave. Or something. ;)

Needless to say, I was quite happy when I found it. I was going to buy a new cd to replace it.

So let's see. Friday was a pretty slow day at work. I got hella work done though, so I was quite happy. Hopefully Brizzai will think so too.

In the evening, I went to the alternative 10 year reunion of my friends from high school. So just for a few points of clarification. The official one was the weekend of Thanksgiving. But since lots of people are out of state (or so I thought), one of my friends wanted to get a group together the day after Christmas to try to catch everyone that was home for the holidays.

We had about 21 people or so? Much smaller crowd, and this time, I knew everyone :) We were at D'Amato's in the RO so it was pretty cool. Fairly close, and the fare was aiight. We were supposed to eat at 7 p.m., but there was no way I was going to make it until 7 without eating. So I just ate dinner at home, and had an appetizer. Crab cakes baby!

So anyway, everyone looked good. I guess we've aged like fine wines ;) hahaha. For real though, some people looked pretty damn good. ;)

Some people I've not seen in 10 years, others I saw this past June.

Like at the official reunion, we were all professional people or still in school. A few soon to be doctors too :)

A few were married, one lady had a baby on the way, etc.

I think the funniest thing was that there were a few of us still in the area. And we didn't even know it. I guess I kind of thought that everyone had moved out of state. There were quite a few that had, but there were still a few people lurking around the hometown as well :) Hopefully we'll be able to get together and chill sometime.

On Saturday, I went with my mom to see my aunt and uncle in Saginaw. The car ride that seemed to take days when we were yonger had been boiled down to 1.25 adult hours ;) Imagine that. We had some really good sushi for lunch. :)

On the way back, my mom and I stopped at the outlet shopping for (what I thought) would be a quick 1 or 2 store shopping session. About 6 stores later, we were on our way home. Heh.

After dinner, the online gaming started - My brother and I drifted our asses off (raced too) on NFS Unleashed. So much fun. Kind of a pain to get everything started, but once we got the kinks worked out, gameplay was pretty good.

Today I paid my bills for the month. Nuttiness. Happy holidays to my credit card companies ;) Heh.

I was reading the paper earlier this morning, and in the Entertainment section there was a recap of this year's best and worst by one of the staff writers. I guess I must have shite taste in my entertainment selections, because the stuff that I listen to and watch hardly made the lists! (sigh) I guess I'm just not hip ;)

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home