Monday, February 16, 2004

OK, so maybe I'm a little too easily impressed :)

Hi all,

Hope you're having a great day. I am enjoying my President's Day off - The bonus extendo weekend. Unfortunately, like the last holiday (MLK day) it ends promptly at 6:00 p.m. when class starts up again. Oh well. 5 hours till the end ;)

So I did some errands that I put off from the weekend. As many of you may know, I am a big fan of shopping on the weekdays - since school started I've not had that luxury at all. But today I got a taste of reduced crowds and helpful staff again.

I went to the grocery mecca of Meijer this morning to buy some food - I normally avoid weekend shopping there like the plague because it's usually madhouse. Today it was less of a madhouse, but there were quite a few uhh, "more experienced" shoppers, if you will.

Anyway, so getting to the point. I go to the deli counter and the deli dude takes my order - I tell him that I want a half pound of ham. He throws on the glove and grabs a handful of ham, tosses it on the scale and Voila! Exactly .5 pounds. No more, no less. I was thoroughly impressed. Maybe a little too impressed. For me, it was like winning the small lotto :) Hey, it's the little things, right? Heh.

-Kirk



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home