Wednesday, February 04, 2004

The Spirit of Giving.

Hi all,

Just a few quick things before going to bed. Recently, I've been going to bed around 11 or 11:30 ish. I just haven't been able to stay up very late. Not sure why. It makes getting up in the morning easier though.

So today I was selling raffle tickets to benefit the United Way. Our group at work was raffling off a Valentine's day gift basket. Beside us, there were people selling stuff for the Ticket to Ride Raffle which also benefitted the United Way. They were really cool too - they were trying pretty hard to actively get people to sign up, and they'd help us hock our tickets as well. I was happy to see so many work people so willing to give in order to help the organization. I know, I'm sure there were some people who were just hoping to win one of the cars, but still - Either way, all the money goes to a good cause, right?

And if you were wondering, I did buy a Ticket to Ride :) I didn't buy a ticket for the Valentine's day gift basket though - I'll probaly continue to boycott the occasion until further notice.

Better get to bed :)

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home