Monday, May 10, 2004

Mind the gap.

Hi all,

No class tonite - went to Costco instead.

Beats class, that's for sure.

So the whole work group went out to lunch this afternoon, to celebrate a belated admin assistant's day. It was the only time we all could show up to go out to lunch - Just a few weeks late, I know. Lots of people were on vacation and whatnot in the prior weeks.

So it is nearing graduation and prom time for the High Schoolers, so college and formal parties were some of the lunchtime conversation topics.

So then everyone goes around and starts sequencing their kids on who is next up for college. So you know, it's like L's eldest, then it's W's eldest, etc. etc.

And then I'm like uhhh, I guess I'll be last.

(shrug)

I'm not saying that my biological clock is ticking, but I'm feeling the pinch here. Maybe I should take out the battery.

What's worse (afterthoughts) is that 20 or so years from now, some of my coworkers will be retired from the company so they won't be able to share with them the lovely stories about my kids.

Bummer.

-Kirk




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home