Sunday, May 02, 2004

You're doing the 12 mile, right?

Hi all, -

Hope you had a nice weekend. I can't believe it's already over. Everything's truly been in fast foward since Friday.

This morning started at 5, when I had to drive my dad to the airport. I was yawning all the way there and back.

I had to be at the MS walk around 8 - I got home barely in time to get ready. It was freakin cold outside today. And as an added bonus it was rainy. So I brought out the good old sporty spice pants that had been retired since the days of curling. Oh yes, fleece lined and the dual white stripes on the side.

So sporty.

The night before I was hoping that it would be halfway warm - So I had hopes of wearing a short sleeve t-shirt and shorts with a sweatshirt to start the morning out with. Out of all the things that I had picked out, I wore nothing.

I ended up going with a long sleeve t-shirt, fleece lined sporty spice pants, a sweatshirt, and a rain jacket. I thought it was winter again.

I figured I'd be able to bear the cold until I got walking - cause I would get warmed up, right?

No.

I could have used gloves too.

So let's see, a few things of note today:

I have a fear of walking across and up bleacher seats. I was watching people walk up them as if they were stairs. Not me. I'm just afraid that I'm going to trip and fall on my ass or something. I think it's that whole thing of walking without a railing or something. So I walked up them like an old man doing hurdles. (shrug)

I tried the Propel Fitness Water for the first time. Kiwi Strawberry - A good flavor. But I felt kind of guilty drinking it because I wasn't doing anything close to what the people on the commercial are. You know the ones that go "bloop" and pop out of the water droplets? I wasn't running, playing tennis, whatever. I was walking. I'm glad I wasn't sweating droplets of color liquid too. That would have stained my clothes. Would I buy this vitamin enriched super delux water again? Hmm. That's a tough one. Maybe if I was trying to impress some lady at the drink cooler, but most likely not. I will be sure to try it the next time I'm encapsulated and falling in a drop of liquid and popping out to play tennis.

If I ever get a real professional full body massage, I think it's going to take me a few times to fully get used to it and enjoy the experience. After the walk, the local college was giving away free 8 minute massages done by students in their massage therapy program. It was my first time on a table, as opposed to a chair massage. I think I liked it a lot. But I think I was kind of tense through the whole thing. I was trying not to laugh (some parts were ticklish (not in the bad way, mind you). And after I was done, I felt like jelly. I felt like I couldn't sit up in the chair afterwards.

So I guess it was good.

So, back to the walk...

The walk was really nice. Even though there was crappy-esque weather, lots of people showed up, which was good. We had quite a turnout from our company too. So that was nifty. I got a nice hat out of it too.

We got rained on, but it was all very light, so it could have been worse, I'm sure.

So there were 3 courses you could take - the 3, 6, or 12 mile course. I seriously would have been ok doing the 12 mile track if there was better weather, and I wasn't under a time crunch (I know, excuses excuses.) Again, another reason for feeling guilty about drinking the Propel water stuff.

I think I was home by 11ish, so it was pretty quick.

I got home and did what any human being would have done...

I took a 1 hour nap.

Again, it was good.

I did some schoolwork afterwards and had to meet with my group project people.

We also had burrrrritos for dinner as well. Good stuff.

I still have to study for my midterm on Wednesday - I am kind of nervous about it. I reviewed some stuff, but I still have more to do...

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home