Thursday, July 08, 2004

Michigan weather and fish stories

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well on this chilly evening. I can't believe that it's July and I have a blanket over my legs because it's that cold. The worst part is that it's supposedly going to be almost 90 degrees tomorrow. Crizzazy.

If only it were mild all year round.

So Brian's off on vacation tomorrow and all of next week. Today we were talking about his fishing adventures, and he was showing me pictures of this huge fish that he caught.

The funny thing (to me, at least) was that he catches them and throws them back. Which is (I think) a good thing, right? Just fishing for sport or whatever.

But I started thinking - What does it feel like for the fish? And then after they get thrown back, do they communicate what happened?

I could only imagine what the conversations were like...

Fish 1 to his buddy:
"Duuude, you will not believe what just happened to me! It was getting something to eat. It looked so good! All of a sudden, I was pulled somewhere. I saw light, had trouble breathing, saw flashes of light, and then next thing ya know, I was back in the water... Plus my tongue really hurts!"

So this "catch and release" fishing is great and all, but you'd hope that the fish would get wiser and see the warning signs... But I could just imagine conversations at the bar afterwards...

Fish 1: "Dude, it happened to me again!"
Fish 2: "You're a dumbshit - Come on, man - that's the 3rd time this week! You fall for it every time."
Fish 1: "I know, I know, but I was hungry!"
Fish 3: "How's your tongue?"

(end scene)

A little window into the imagination of Kirk Tsai. Be scared.

I tried to be a good school citizen today and get through some of the lessons - I could only stomach 2 out of the 3 packets of presentations. I guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow and the rest of the weekend. I still have 2 papers to write, and a few short essays.

Lovely.

-Kirk

1 Comments:

At 12:38 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirk,

Hi, I was doing a Google for "under cabinet lighting" and "costco." Lo and behold I found this site. Was wondering if you could help me out possibly? I too bought some undercabinet lights from Costco, and I am trying to find a replacement assembly for one that doesn't work(stupid me didn't buy extra.) I don't know the company name and of course Costco isn't selling them any longer. Would you by any chance have any additional information, perhaps a model #, or company name from the original packaging? I have nothing left from the packaging. Thanks for your time.

Cheers
Scott
tweakjr@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home