Wednesday, July 21, 2004

One-quarter offroading.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this evening.  It's been kind of rainy so the weather's kind of cooled down.  And besides, the grass could really use the water.

I feel like I haven't written in a while, but it's not really that bad, I guess.

I've been on the downlow as of late on everything.  Keeping in touch with people, getting out and doing stuff, etc.  It's like I'm in hiding.

Yesterday I accidentally took the supaflyride offroading in a flowerbed at the local shopping mall. 

Whoops.

Unfortunately I was dumb and decided to pull into an angled parking spot going the wrong way.  I was fine until (the perfectionist that I am), I tried to straighten the car out.  That's when the wheel hopped the small curb that surrounded the left side of the parking spot and went bloop!  into the flowerbed.

Dirt was all over the front quarter of the car.  I'm talking about a half inch of dirt covering the wheel, the wheel well, under the car, and of course, on top of the car as well.  I was terrified I was going to be stuck in this flowerbed because it was so over watered and it was just muddy.  Luckily I was eventually able to back out ok, but the nasty and loud scraping sound that I heard the entire time was not a happy sound, that's for sure.

I'll have to make sure that I still have the bottom of my car intact.

As an added bonus, my mom was in the car - she was a little freaked out, but I think we had a good laugh when we got out of the car to look at how caked with dirt it was.

I had to spend over 15 minutes hosing the car off.  The driveway just had puddles of mud all over the place.  The dirt was a high quality topsoil - it seemed very rich and full of nutrients.  So organic.

Luckily it's raiing ouside so hopefully all the evidence on the driveway will get washed away.

In other car news, today I heard the car behind me get rear ended while sitting at a stoplight. 

It was kind of creepy.  It wasn't a huge accident, it was more of a car love tap without the love.

3.5 weeks of class down.  Much more to go, sadly.

I'm having second thoughts about the specialization of my degree - Security is really not doing it for me - it's actually becoming quite painful.  Whatever I do, I'll have to decide quickly, cause I'm officially at the fork in the road at the end of this semester - when I choose my specialization.

Better be off to bed now.

-Kirk

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home