Thursday, July 22, 2004

So...

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well. 

You gotta love Michigan weather.  This afternoon it was a nasty 90 degrees.  This evening?  60.  Love it.

it makes for good sleeping.

So the news of the day is that my good friend from grad school (the first time), JDizzle, is getting married. 

Tomorrow morning.

He let me know a few weeks ago, in a very matter of fact sort of way (starting his statement with "So..." - I thought it was very humorous - but very JDizzle.  It's going to be a small ceremony, at an undisclosed location, so the press will not find him.  He doesn't want all the press coverage that the other archivist moguls get.

I was talking to him today and was saying that after tomorrow, he could no longer use his ghetto name of JDizzle.  He would have to use his suburban name of John. :)

(sigh)  My friends are growing up so fast (tear).

What else..

I don't understand how people can wear long sleeve shirts in the summertime.  Today I was supposed to go to a meeting where some upper management types were supposed to be attending.  so I thought I'd be a good corporate citizen of the Man and put on the uniform - I had the white shirt on for (seriously) 2 mninutes, and I had to take it off because I was too damn hot wearing the shirt.  I felt I was on the verge of sweating. (yuck)

I ended up wearing the standard Man issue polo shirt - which was fine because I ended up not going to the meeting because I had too much stuff to do and probably would have fallen asleep.

So glad tomorrow's Jeans day Friday.  It seems like the rest of the week is downhill after Wednesday's class.

-Kirk

 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home