Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The machine is sucking my brain.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well. Just a quick note for today.

This morning I went to my semi-annual dental appointment at hte dream sequence office. I am really becoming quite comfortable going there now, so I'm learning to take in more of the ambience.

I had the first appointment of the day, so there were significantly less people in the office at the time. But I was able to park super close and be greeted by the dentist himself, who was outside watering the plants.

Nifty, huh?

Anyway, so 2 things.

My shapeshifting dental hygenist, S, looked totally different today (like usual). I've been to the dream sequence dental office like 4 or 5 times now, and I swear, she looks different every time.

The staff always call her the same name, so I'm fairly certain it's the same person.

She was significantly less chatty today so I was kind of bummed. Usually I'm trying to say stuff back to her while she's got her hands and tools in my mouth.

Anyway, "for insurance purposes" they took this 270 degree xray of my mouth-region. It was more than 180 degrees, because I got to see from one side of the jaw, all the way around to the other side.

But this machine was kind of neat and creepy at the same time. It made noises like some high tech spaceship. Like air lock noises and whatnot. And then once the xray started, it was all robotic and stuff, and moved its robotic arm all around my head (and back again). They made me take off my glasses so I couldn't really see what was going on, but there was this black panel that floated around me (I'm guessing the xray film was in there).

So I'm just kind of in awe at the whole experience and then I had a thought...

Maybe this machine was sucking out my brain. Either that or I was killing brain cells by bombarding them with x rays.

So I began to feel dizzy :)

Anyway, that's all. Just thought I'd share.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home