Sunday, June 05, 2005

Maybe plants have nine lives too.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well.

I'm happy to say that this weekend has been good. I've been able to accomplish a unch of what I wanted to - I've gotten my project coded and it actually works. I can't believe it.

So I'm ok. I just have to apply the graphic design, get my documentation together, and create my presentation display.

Yes, presentation display. If you're picturing elementary school science project, you're right on the money. The cheesy freestanding trifold type cardboard variety. Although now, for an "upgrade" you can spring a few extra bucks and get the foam core one. It didn't help that on the back of the display, it has a link to a website for Cool Science Projects or something like that.

I didn't see the value add with the foam core so I got the regular one (figures).

All I need now is my volcano model, baking soda, and vinegar and I should be all set.

Anyway, enough about school.

So while my mom's away, I'm in charge of her plants again. And like usual, I'm always afraid of under or overwatering her plants. She gave me specific instructions to water them once a week.

So I've been the good son and have been diligently watering all of her plants for the past few weeks while she's away, right?

3 weeks later I found one that I forgot to water.

In my defense, it was hanging from the ceiling and I totally didn't see it because it wasn't in the "area."

So this poor plant was bad. I'm talking crispy leaves, dead flowers hanging down, etc. A pretty sorry site.

So I watered the hell out of it.

You know what? It's not so bad. It bounced back, minus a few leaves here and there :)

Yesterday morning I saw another plant, same story (but I'd been watering this one, honest!) I revived it and it's good as new (again, minues a few leaves and flowers).

Maybe she won't notice.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home