Sunday, January 22, 2006

Melvis

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this weekend.

So there's this guy at work, right? His name is pronounced very closely like one of the upper managers. When you listen to the name spoken, it just has an extra consonant attached at the end of his name.

I was thinking that it probbaly is not very much fun. You'd have to hear everyone specially enunciate your name (or be asked to always repeat it).

It's like if your name happened to be "Melvis."

Saturday started out sucky but turned out to be quite nice. Unfortunately I got a call in the morning and had to do a few hours of work during the day.

Bleh.

I was up pretty late, so I'm kind of dragging arse today.

I saw The Terminal and What Lies Beneath last night. Both were pretty good.

I liked The Terminal - it was cute. I'm a little disappionted that Tom Hanks didn't get the girl (Catherine Zeta Jones) at the end, but hey, sometimes that happens, right? It's more of the experience along the way...

Or something like that.

What Lies Beneath wasn't bad either. It's not my usual genre of movie, so it was a nice change of pace.

-Kirk

1 Comments:

At 11:08 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you are one of the only people i know of who actually liked the terminal. i thought it was pretty much crap and that the whole story was just pointless. nothing really happened and the whole premise was just too unbelievable, even though it was based in fact.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home