Saturday, January 21, 2006

You good?

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this morning...

Just a recap from the past few days I guess... It's a tad late so please bear with me.

Thursday was the first day of my Chinese Mandarin class. The class was 3 hours - Luckily, it didn't drag and seem to last forever. I started becoming a clock watcher about 2.5 hours into the class, but for the most part it was very enjoyable. I'm actually learning how to pronounce stuff properly for a change, instead of just trying to imitate other people.

Overall, I think all the pinyin sounds (mandarin phonics translated into english) are going to be hard to master.

Luckily my mom can help me pronounce stuff if I need to.

Anyway, one of my fears did come true - I'm the only asian in the class. Oh well.

What else... I think I've officially turned into an old and crusty guy. I really wanted to leave the TGI Friday's restaurant after being there for about an hour or so.

It was just too damn loud.

Plus I was getting tired of trying to strain and hear the people that I was with. Where did we end up going for dessert where I felt the most comfortable?

The Man's coffee shop.

Nice and quiet, it was just what I needed after a day of noisiness.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home