Monday, October 07, 2002

Hi All,

You know, you never realize how much you depend on that little red squiggly line under your misspelled words until you don't have it. Thanks to Billy G and the Microsquishy tam for allowing us to be sloppy in our typing, never having to correct our mistakes manually, and being able to fix our typing issues with a right mouse click. But now, even better. Those words that we frequently spell wrong? Once you finish typing the word incorrectly, the program instantly corrects it for you. Another tool to allow us to not learn. Hmmm... Interesting. My favorite typing feature has to be the automatic uncapitalization that happens to me all the time whenever I start a sentence. You know, when you accidentally type a word that is capitalized, and due to some strange phenomenon, you get two capitalized letters in a row, like THis? I'm the worst offender of that one when I'm trying to type stuff quickly. But no, of course it's not MY fault. It's because the computer is not quick enough to recognize the short gap that happens right after I let go of the shift key and type the next letter. Riight.

Oh yeah, so what brought this up? I was just loking at my blog entry yesterday, and I saw that I spelled some stuff wrong. I'm too lazy to go back and fix stuff. Not because I don't know how to spell, it's just that I type it wrong :) Please, know what I mean, not what I type ;)

Ok, so let's see. what happened today. Hmmm...

I ordered my digital camera today. That was my big highlight, I'd have to say. Supposedly, I'll get it in 7 to 10 business days. We'll see if the internet eCommerce Gods smile upon me. Oh yeah, the dudes at the shipping department too. I've wanted a digicam for a long time now. I've always enjoyed going through old pictures, reminiscing about good times, people that I've known, etc. But I never seem to 1) have film or 2) have my camera with me. Both are big bummers. So I'm hoping with a digicam, I'll capture more stuff, and not have to worry about physical print management. If I want to review my pictures, I can just thumb through them. I'm also hoping to have more pictures on a website somewhere to share. We'll see, that's for sure. Quite the premium though, to get into digital photography. I'm sure professionals drop a whole lot of cash into their equipment. I'm probably investing nothing close to what they're spending. But hey, I'm not a professional (yet) ;)

So recently, I've been struggling with what I think is being content and happy with one's life. I realize that this topic may not be a light one, and probably (most likely) cannot be answered in a blog entry (not that I'm trying to). But that is what has been gnawing at me for a bit as of late. I know that my original "measuring stick" was a certain monetary value and of course, material posessions. You can reasonably associate these things with "success." But there has to be more than that, right? You know, that old saying how money can't buy you happiness? Come on, I'm sure it can get you pretty darn close. Seriously though, at the end of the day, there's gotta be more than just material and monetary stuff, right? Good relationships, family, good health... and other stuff... What does it mean for me to be happy? Will I know when I get there? What if it passes me by? Ugh. More stuff to ruminate about.

Take it easy,
Kirk




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home