Wednesday, November 13, 2002

Hiya,

Hope you're doing well this evening.

So today I got dressed up for work because I had a client meeting onsite. Dressed up you ask? Yes, in my book, business casual is "dressing up." Anything with a tie is ultra dressing up. Suit? That's super delux ultra dressing up. A tux is off the scale. For my present job, Friday casual is my everyday garb. Business casual is when I go to clients. The last time I wore a tie for this job was for the job interview. I've not worn a suit since uh, probably 1998 at a wedding. In my entire life, I've worn a tux only once. I was asked to usher my friend Laura's wedding - I agreed without knowing that one of the prereqs of being an usher is wearing a tux. Ahh well, there's a first time for everything.

So anyway, since I get dressed up so rarely, I always have this uncomfortable feeling for several hours. Just because I'm not used to these more "formal" clothes. I feel like one of those little kids that you see at weddings. You know, the kid that is dressed up in his suit, but doesn't look very comfortable in it. Kinda fidgety, always messing with the tie, etc. Minus the tie, that's how I feel. I do appreciate the "you look nice" comments, but it kind of makes me think what people think of my normal Friday casual wear. Compared to my dad, he's the total opposite. He's the kind of guy that feels odd not wearing a suit when he goes out. Many years ago, I remember it took us a long time to convince him that it was ok to go out in a polo shirt. Wow, how business has changed. Perhaps I'm still stuck in the dot com era where as long as you wore clothes to work, you were fine and nobody said anything. I remember there was this lady back in my network service provider days that would come to work wearing her winnie the pooh pajammas. No kidding. But hey, when you're on the phone for your job, you could be wearing a tux or nothing but a smile, and the person on the other end of the line wouldn't know any better. Except if you're working the adult phone lines. The phone operator is always wearing the finest in lingerie, I'm sure. Heh.

Today for lunch, I had a Chicago Bagel Dog from Einstein Bros. Very tasty indeed. Go for the one with the everything bagel, add, onions, cheese, and the dijon mustard. Good stuff, I tell you.

Catcha later,
Kirk









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home