Wednesday, November 06, 2002

Hey all,

Another entry into my blog. I can't believe it's already been over a month since I started this thing! That's pretty swank. I didn't think I'd be writing for this long. I though I'd just kind of start trailing off here and there, and eventually this blog would wither away into nothingness. It's still going strong. Woo hoo!

This morning, I was back in my alma mater territory, visiting the med center for a checkup. Every time I drive out to the campus and its vicinity, I miss it more. I have very fond memories of Ann and her Arbors (heh). I feel like I haven't been out there for a while. To be honest, I don't remember when I was out there last. Alas.

So I was chilling in the waiting room, waiting for my eyes to dilate. I was able to read for the first 30 minutes or so, but then stuff got blurry so I just tried to take a nap. The funny thing about this doctor's waiting room, is that I think I've seen the same magazines there since my last visit 3 or 4 months ago (and probably ones before that). The scary thing is that I don't remember which ones I've read and which ones I haven't. Today I was reading a stereo equipment review magazine from April. I'm hoping it was April 2002, and not 2000. Either way, I'd never seen it before (not that I can remember), so it was definitely new to me. But since I was on a limited timetable (before I couldn't see), I had to read the most interesting parts of the magazine very quickly, and then I had to resort to looking at blurry pictures of stereo equipment which was not nearly as interesting. When it became too painful to focus, I tried to close my eyes. By the time this happened, my eyes were pretty dilated, and the room became too bright even after I closed my eyes. It was like I needed thicker eyelids or something.

So today, I was faced with an etiquette question. Let's say you're in a waiting room that's pretty full and you're at a 2 person bench. If the room opens up, is it ok to get up and move to an empty chair or bench? Or would that be rude? I had a bench all to myself when I was waiting for my appointment, but when I was waiting for the dilation drops to work, the room slowly filled up, and there were no seats left. Unfortunately, the individual that I was sharing my bench with was kind of coughing and was heavily perfumed with a not so favorable scent. Normally, I appreciate a little perfume, but not when it surrounds you like tear gas at a rave that resists being broken up. Once the waiting room kind of opened up, I wasn't sure if it would be rude if I had moved. I never did, just hoped that my name would be called next. I guess if I were the other person that was sharing the bench and my benchmate got up to move across the room, I'd be left wondering if I was emitting a strange funkiness or something. Not the good kind of funk either. I guess I've answered my question, haven't I?

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home