Thursday, October 31, 2002

Happy Halloween!

Well, we were open from 5:30 p.m. to about 8:30 p.m. for candy business. We only had like 15 to 20 kids. There's still a bunch of candy left. Pretty much noboday came by to ask for tricks or treats after 8:00 p.m. Good thing though, as Must See TV was all new this Thursday. Which is why I'm guessing everyone went home as well. I probably wasn't going to get up to give out candy unless it was a commercial break. Luckily, there was no need to make such tough decisions. But we did what we could, trying to be festive and give out some good candy. I think the kids made out pretty good at our house. Judging from the bags of candy that kids had, it looks like many of our neighbors were trying to unload their loot as well. I don't know what it is this year, but the Halloween spirit was kind of low in our hood. I wonder if Christmas will be a little more low key this year as well. We'll see.

This year, I must note, the kids were much more polite. Maybe cause the parental units were taking their kids around. Last year, I had kids that just took candy and didn't even say "thank you." This year, the manners were in full effect.

A moment of silence for Jam Master Jay (1965-2002)...

I'm on vacation this Friday and Monday. I think I am in need of some mental health days, so I figured I'd take some time now while stuff at work was slow. I need some time to become more focused again. I'll let you know how it goes...

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home