Monday, January 06, 2003

Hi all,

Man, those telemarketers are getting mean and agressive. I've received 2 calls today, one for my dad and the other was for me. The first caller, once I told him/her that my dad was home, wanted to get off the phone, so he/she rattled off this 800 number so quickly so it sounded like, "if youhaveanyquestionspleasecalleighthundredmumblemumblemumble..." I was very tempted to be obnoxious and just ask them to repeat the number a few times, verify that I've written the wrong number down a few times, and then ask them to tell me the number again. Heh. That would be funny.

This next caller was from some credit card company, trying to push off the ultra super deluxe better than platinum, uranium card. This thing was going to do everything for me: Free hotel stays, to bonus points, and a backrub every night. Without asking if I was actually interested, the telemarketer just went on, rattling off my information to "verify" where to send the card to, and all of that stuff. So, I gave them the same 800 number from the lady I talked to this morning. Just kidding. I gave them my well rehearsed "thankyouverymuchI'mnotinterestedhaveanicedayandthanksforcalling" response.

Maybe next time I'll just be creepy and tell them I like how they sound on the phone and ask if they have any children...

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home