Sunday, December 22, 2002

Hi Everyone,

Hope you're doing well. Yesterday, I was at the shopping mecca around town. I know, I'm absolutely nutty for going to a shopping mall on the Saturday before Christmas, but Jarrett was going to pick up some stuff, and we decided to meet up since the place was by my house. The crowd wasn't too bad when we got there, but as the day went on, more and more people showed up. Most alarming to me was the number of women sporting Louis Vuitton bags. It's like there was some kiosk in the middle of the mall handing them out for free. I know, they could have been the bought on the street for 50 bucks variety, but I was proud of Louis for designing such stylish and popular bags. Man, people were buying gifts like mad too. Everone had their hands full of shopping bags, boxes, etc. Hopefully, the retailers are seeing some good sales numbers.

So a point of randomness. Jarrettol had to visit Tiffany's for a gift, right? I've always raved about how I marvel at the speed of the "professional consultants." how they whip out the trademark Tiffany Blue Box, put the merchandise inside, and wrap the box in the white ribbon in less than a minute. Honest. If you blink your eye sometime at the beginning of the process, the next thing you'll see is the wrapping of the ribbon. Which is a nifty feat by itself. Finally, there's always the familiar blue bag as well. I can see why Audrey Hepburn's character wanted to have breakfast there. Oh yeah, for shits and giggles, I wanted to see the highly coveted Tiffany's diamond engagement ring with the six prong setting. Pretty nifty indeed. I wonder if they'd just sell me the box and the bag...

So yesterday, I believe I spent over an hour looking for a CD case that was missing. I'm absolutely terrible about maintaining the sacred relationship between a CD and it's home case. I'm totally guilty of putting CDs in an easily available case when I'm in a hurry, (usually of the next CD I'm putting in), and well, once in a while, things get lost. But I'm trying to get better, honest. The only time that I still do it is when I'm driving. No time to look for the case. Too much going on. I guess the worst is when you buy a CD-R spindle, and you don't have enough cases to go around when you burn discs. I've been guilty of double stacking, even triple stacking cds in a case until I find a new home for the excess CDs.

That's all for now...

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home