Wednesday, January 01, 2003

Happy New Year!

It's been quite the holiday season. Much busier than I thought it would be, that's for sure. I thought it would be a lot of sweatpants time, TV time, PS2 time, etc. I've actually done more family stuff than I have ever done. Pretty wacky.

As you probably read from before, my cousins came over, but their car broke down on Saturday - it just wouldn't start. After trying different "guessing what's wrong" techniques, we gave up and called the fine people of the triple letters. A quick tow to Acura, and that was that. Unfortunately, the dealership would be closed until Monday. So we used the dealership's nifty key drop system, and that was that. On Monday, we talked to the dealership service people and the estimated time of completion was going to be Tuesday. Well, the car service powers that be smiled upon us, and the car was actually fixed on Monday. So, my cousins got a little unepected extension on their vacation... Hopefully they won't be scared off and will never come back. :) I'm sure they were very happy to get home though.

So yesterday, we met some more family friends for lunch. I'm telling you, the people at the Buffet of the Homeland are starting to think that I'm some sort of mafia boss. I've been there at least 2 times this past week, all the time with "family friends," each time with fairly large parties. Good stuff. I don't think I'll be going back there anytime soon, so sorry E.

Last night, we went to another family friend's place for New Year's Eve. I think it's the first time that I've not been at home for quite a while. I'm surprised I stayed awake until 2 a.m. I thought I'd be feeling sleepy around midnight. But hey, never underestimate the power of tea, right? ;)

Oh yeah, wasn't sure if I told you - I finally got a phone line at my new place! Woo hoo! Just one glitch. There's an annoying buzzing sound that occurs in the background (from my end, it sounds like I'm shaving with an electric razor.) Craziness. Well, it's pretty bad. When I try to connect via modem, I get a blazing 16.8 kbps! Woo hoo! That's fast ;) I might as well throw away the 56k modem, huh? I've put in a call to the fine people of SBC, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully they will fix it, and not just tell me that it's an "inside wiring" problem and just leave me to suffer.

I can't believe how fast these 2 weeks have gone by. At light speed! Tomorrow it's back to work. Craziness, I tell you.

Catcha later,
Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home