Sunday, February 09, 2003

Greetings everyone,

Hope you're having a good weekend. Too bad it's Sunday already.

It feels like I haven't written in a while, but I guess I have. Being unemployed makes time feel weird. You don't notice how much work is a big part of your life and how much time it consumes.

Let's see, what's been going on.

For the past week, I've had to buy greeting cards for people. Buying greeting cards can be a very time consuming process. Sometimes if you're lucky, you'll find one pretty quickly, sometimes you don't and walk out with nothing. It definitely helps if you know the person you're buying the card for well too. I usually work thorough all the relevant card sections (e.g., birthday, get well, etc.) and when I find the perfect card, I know it. For me, birthday cards are the easiest to buy. There's a ton of those, no matter where you go. The most difficult for me are the sympathy cards. Earlier this week, one of my dad's friends from work died of a heart attack. Since both my mom and dad are in Taiwan, they asked me to buy a card and send it out. So there I am in the store, buying a sympathy card for a person's family I don't really know that well. So I just went with the most simple card I could find. I thought it was pretty nice, I hope the family does as well.

So while I was out shopping for my sympathy card, I thought I'd buy another card as well for that certain young lady that I'm trying to charm. My situation was very specific. I was looking for the perfect card that wasn't too cheesy, too lovey dovey, or too explicitly friend-like (e.g., to my special FRIEND). Blah. I even thought about going freestyle and buying a blank card to write in. I don't know if it's on purpose, but even if the card type indicator/divider thing says that the card is blank, I'll still open to check the inside. Kind of strange, yes? I don't know if it's habit of just seeing what message is in the card, or if I'm just subconsciously checking the card to see if it's indeed blank inside :) Anyway, I ended up finding a suitable card today - It was very simple, and I think it'll do the trick.

I'm sad because I seem to have lost one of my favorite University of Michigan sweatshirts. It's a... bummer.

All day, it's seemed like people have been in a big hurry to get somewhere. Maybe I'm just feeling sluggish today.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home