Tuesday, May 20, 2003

Hey all,

Hope everything's groovy. I was going to fire off a quick blog entry before I turned in for the night It's late for me already.

Old habits die hard. Waiting till the last minute has busted me again.

As some of you may know, I'm taking a photography class. Tomorrow (Tuesday) I need to take in 6 to 10 photographs that I want to show during our last class tomorrow. The instructor will let us know how we can improve our techniques, etc.

So I waited until tonight - I figured I'd select a few, and then crank them out on the trusty inkjet that I have. Nothing fancy, just wanted representative samples, right? Unfortunately, I was not that lucky. My trusty inkjet had no trust today. Of the two color cartridges I had, one was missing yellow, and the other was missing cyan. So all the pictures that I was printing out looked like total crap. I could have played the "artsy" card, but nah, I can't sell stuff that well. So, I ended up doing an online photogallery / album thing with javascript and whatnot. It turned out pretty nice, I think. The presentation fills up a large part of the whole screen on an IE 1024x768 browser in full screen mode.

For all of my faithful blog readers, here's a link to the sneak preview. Just a note - this photogallery is not for the bandwidth challenged - I wanted to use minimal compression to get the best image quality, so the large images have huge file sizes. If I get a chance, I may post a more web friendly version, but I probably won't - a web presentation wasn't the original intent. :) You've been warned.

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home