Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Hi all,

How's it going? Hope you're having a good week. It's been a bit since I've written.

It's kind of wacky. I've kind of been in a reduced communication mode with all of my friends. I think with the new job and stuff, I've been kind of preoccupied or something and haven't been as social. Not sure. I used to be on the phone pretty regularly in the evenings and on the weekends, but I haven't been lately I'm sure this stage will pass though, it always does.

OK, so what's been happening...

Ever since I've started my new job 7 weeks ago, I've always bitched about having to get dressed up in business casual clothes. OK, not always, but I always reminisce to the good old days when I could wear pretty much whatever I wanted to work. Jeans, t-shirts, whatever. Well I was pretty much willing to do anything to be able to pull on a pair of jeans and go to work in the morning.

The time has come. For the low low donation of $50.00 (I would have paid more, believe me) to a charity, I now CAN WEAR JEANS ON FRIDAYS for the rest of the year. Hellz YES! You don't know how happy it makes me feel. My 8 billion pairs of jeans will not be wasted. For this year, at least. Plus, it's less wear and tear on the khakis :) Ok, so that last thing was a lame excuse. But I'm just so happy that I can wear jeans on Fridays. Starting in May! So yes, this Friday, I will be sportin the jeans to work. I cannot wait. I am always going to be super happy on Fridays now. Especially on pay days too. I couldn't ask for anything more. Well, except maybe wearing jeans to work every day. :) But I will be happy with one day a week. Woo hoo! Now I wonder if I can wear gym shoes...

And now, I have a gripe.

I was driving home from work today, and I was waiting at a light to make a left turn. Some driver in a black Audi TT roadster was going in the opposite direction, waiting to make a right onto the same street. Pretty sharp car. Except, his front wheel was a dirty black, completely caked with brake dust, while the back wheel were a shiny silver. What is up with that? That's such a crime. If you're pushing a 40k plus ride as cool as that, there is no excuse to have your car be that dirty. Seriously. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not blasting people that are driving a car that's just filthy from regular driving. My car gets pretty dusty and whatnot at the end of the week. But this dude had to have neglected his car for a while, for that much buildup on the rims. Come on man. I should report the car abuse on your arse.

So my brother goes in to donate bone marrow tomorrow. It's kind of scary for me (and I'm sure him as well). Hopefully things will go ok - It'll be for a really good cause. Thursday morning at 8 is when they start the festivities. He's always been quite the giving guy with a big heart - I tip my hat to him. I was really surprised to hear that there was someone who thought that what he was doing wasn't such a great idea. Unfortunately, it won't be a good idea to that person until they're on the receiving end.

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home