Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Huh.

the blogger interface changes again. Back to the older skool one again.

Oh well.

How's it going?

Just got back from the Irish dancing thing. Pretty interesting. Although I was yawning a ton, I managed to stay awake through most of it. There was a ton of filler in between the dancing performances. there was a little band, a 30 minute intermissioni and dancing numbers slotted in between. The show started a little after 7:30, and we were out by 9:30ish. I am not saying the performance didn't justify the ticket price, but I think I would have liked a little bit more performance.

The weather was absolutely perfect. Not too hot, not too cold. Juuust right. A perfect summer evening.

Overall though, the performance was pretty good. And for the one dancing dude, with a troupe of 15 or so lizzadies, that's not bad odds. Provided that the ladies could love him, and he would love back ;) (shrug) As you would expect, I wasn't as enamored with the dude dancing. The ladies, however, were lovely.

The costumes were great, the music was pretty good as well. But my favourite routine was when there was no music, and it was all just synchronized rhythmic dancing. Very cool. I think at that time, you could really see the skills and hear them when they would speak. Plus, they got to show some playfulness and attitude that wasn't evident in the "with music" routines.

Would I go again? That's a toss up. Maybe. I think my mom really liked it thought, so if the group is ever in town again, I may take her. We'll see.

Tomorrow's Thursday already. Time flies.

-Kirk



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home