Friday, September 12, 2003

Whatever happens at work, stays at work...

Hi all,

Wow, so I've been feeling like I've not been writing much in the blog as of late... Not sure why. Have not been in the mood for writing, I guess. Not sure.

So the big news for today is that the K&N filter that I ordered finally came. Finally. I got the e-mail that it had shipped yesterday morning. So one day delivery is not too bad. It was coming from Ohio. The only thing that kind of blew was how I had to wait like 2 weeks for this thing to show up. But, the silver lining is that this filter's pretty fresh - It supposedly came from K&N directly. :)

Installation was super easy. Took the old one out, put the new one in. That's it. Loved it.

I can definitely tell a difference. With a combination of driving around with a dirty airfilter and a new higher flow airfilter, the supafly ride definitely seems to move a little quicker. Although I'm not sure how much is placebo, but whatever. As long as it feels better and I got my money's worth, that's all that matters, right? ;)

So while I was joyriding, I happened to see the black Toyota Celica that I see around town once in a while. Totally riced out, in black, with silver flames coming from the front of the car, all the way onto the side windows. Pretty nifty effect. This car had the grapefruit shooter, was lowered, and had pretty deep dish rims. The car has caught my eye before, but I've never been able to check it out. To my surprise, there was a young lady driving the car! Aww yeah. You go, girl!

She would definitely be a keeper ;)

Heh.

So I drove the MR2 to work today. I didn't drive it on Thursday because for some reason, there was hella fog that morning. Foggy enough that I couldn't see much in front of me, and oncoming cars just seemed to appear out of the fog. Kind of scary and intriguing at the same time. Anyway, I was trying to minimize risk.

So driving the MR2 to work was pretty fun. You can bet I got to work with a big smile on my face :) Brizzai and I went out to lunch in it as well. I'm not sure if he enjoyed the car as much as I did though. I guess it's more fun to be driving the car than riding in it. Although I think I enjoy both.

For the ride home, I took the t-tops off and drove home in the sunshine. Yes, convertible life is for me. Some day...

But yeah, I took the supaflyride out for a joy ride after I put the air filter in as well. And man, do the two cars drive very differently. The MR2 feels a little bit heavier, but is quick. My car seems much lighter, but of course is slower. I'm not sure if this extended "test drive" with Drew's car is going to be a good thing or not. I'm hoping the whole thing will cool off my desire for a new car, but it may end up biting me in the ass, and I'll want an even faster car :) We'll see.

Turbos are fun though. The sound of the engine, the power. Good stuff.

I think I've been having a better attitude at work. I think the funk has passed. Which is good. There's still stuff that bugs me at work, but I try not to let it get to me. It's better that way. To me, work is kind of like how the commercials for Las Vegas say whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas :)

Last night I took the MR2 out for a spin - Drove out to the 'Hills to buy the new John Mayer CD. I've heard it about 3 times all the way through (playing in the background), and it sounds pretty good. It's got some good tracks, but the style is definitely different than the first one. not that it's a bad thing, just different. I'll let you know what I think.

I also heard the new Sarah single on the radio while driving last night. Pretty cool. It's the first time I had ever heard it on the radio ever since it's release. It's been a while since we've heard anything new, but her sound is definitely there. It's definitely a trademark Sarah track. I can't wait for the new CD to come out (rumour has it that it's due to release on November 4th, 2003 and is called Afterglow.

So let's see, what else...

I've been in this small electronics buying slump too. It's weird. I was at Best Buy (buying the CD) and I really didn't feel like looking at much. I'm not in the market for computer stuff, stereo equipment, music, video, etc. I think I was in and out of the store in record time. (shrug). Now if it were Costco, it'd be a totally different story ;)

Ahh well, better go to bed for now.

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home