Sunday, October 26, 2003

Hi all,

People get closure in different ways. I usually send a card :)

A friend of mine was telling me about her adventures with one of the dating sites that she was trying out. She was not very happy with the whole experience (you know me, I'm all about the experience) - Apparently, it changed her compuer viewing behaviour noticeably. She would log into the system several times a day to check if she got messages from potential suitors.

Such is the nature of the beast, I told her. I would probably do the exact same thing if I was signed up. I personlly haven't tried any of the dating sites because 1) I'm on sabbatical and 2) I haven't seen it really "work" for the people the I know who've tried it. I know, it's kind of a copout, but still. Like my cube neighbour tells me, "she's not going to come knocking at your door..."

Indeed.

But I am still on my leave of absence. Indefinitely.

So anyway, hope your weekend's going well.

Curling on Saturday was good. I missed sleeping in, but oh well. I made up for it today by sleeping in until 11 o'clock pre clock turnback :)

Anyway, curling was fun - I keep falling on my arse every time I try to get a little power behind the rock. Otherwise, the rock doesn't have enough juice and it falls short of the hog line, taking it out of play. Bummer. I got my first curling injury too :)

After class, I met up with Drew. We were going to go electronics shopping and tour some rice shops. He needed a televizzle and a receiver for his new pad. I wanted to take a look at some of the garages / performance shops around town where we could get some car mods (a.k.a. rice shops) for the rides. We got him a TV and went to two places. Unfortunately, one was closed (even though their website said it was open on the weekend) but the other one was exactly what you'd picture a rice shop to be. Kinda dirty, performance parts, seats, and body kits strewn all about. I actually got to see a turbo that was not in a car, nor in a picture. It was bigger than I thought it was. Pretty nifty though.

After that, I was lazy the rest of the night Which continued into today. I stayed up a little too late yesterday so I was dragging arse today.

Going to try to go to bed earlier tonight :) riiight.

-Kirk





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home