Monday, October 06, 2003

"Oh wow. That's a cat? I thought that was a UPS truck!" :)

Hi all,

Hope everyone had a good weekend and Monday.

I went to sleep around 11 last night, but was still tired this morning. Don't know what the dilly. is. I think I may be fighting off something. The building was suppsedly really cold today, but I was actually quite comfortable. Apparently, the ventilation system was being replace or repaired, so there was to be no heat today. Lots of people were walking around in sweaters and jackets, while I was fine. (shrug) I should go to sleep early again tonight, but the season premiere of Cribs is on tonight. Maybe it'll be a good idea for the good ol recorder :)

Oh yeah, so about the quote at the top. At the new job, we've got calendars from the company that feature photographs and whatnot from employees. There's an interesting picture for this month. I can't really post it (because of copyright and stuff) but I'll try to describe it for you:

It's a picture of a black cat looking through (what looks like) white bedsheets. So you pretty much just see the head of the cat. the sheets aren't wrapped around the head, but the sheets form kind of an ellipse on its side and you see the cat's face inside the ellipse.

So as many of you know, my eyesight really sucks.

I've never seen this picture up close. Just from about 4 or 5 feet away (usually posted on a cube wall). It's always looked like a artsy picture of a UPS truck to me. Seriously. Well, I looked at it up close at Brian's desk for the first time. And before I knew it, I blurted out "Oh wow. That's a cat? I thought that was a UPS truck!" Brian just looked at me funny and shook his head.

The best part was when the lady that has a cube between us looks over the cube at us and agreed with me. Apparenlty, she thought the picture was of a truck driving in the snow. :)

So I really am not crazy.

Well, ok. Maybe a little. As crazy as the next guy.

Anyway, so now I don't feel so bad. Just that I have the same vision as a fortysome lady. Great.

Even now when I look at that picture, I still think that it's the artsy picture of the ups truck. Actually, I think of it now driving through a snowstorm. It's kind of like that picture where you see either the old lady, or the young hottie. You know what picture I'm talking about? Once you see one, it's hard to see the other...

What else. I spilled a little bit of my beverage on my laptopl last night. I think I got to mop up the liquid fast enough, but my mouse was making a funny clicking noise when I was right-clicking earlier. Still works though :)

-Kirk



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home