Monday, November 17, 2003

Hi all,

Long time no write... At least it sure seems like it. So I figured I'd sit down to write a little sumthin sumthin while I was relaxing for bed. Call it my Doogie Houser moment, if you will.

Man, so what's been going on? I don't even remember.

Brizzai has been on vacation since Thursday. So it's been kind of lonely at the office without him and Peggy there. It seems that the land of purple couches with yellow pipng is treating her well. If you didn't know any better from her stories, you'd think that that Internet binge days were back for that office. Just the stock price is lower ;)

Last Thursday was the last watercolor class of this session . I think (as planned) I'm going to retire the brush and look at other stuff to do. There was a place that was offering ceramic courses that I thought I'd like but the classes were mostly offered during the day. And the place seemed to be pretty serious, not for flaky hobbyists like me :)

Hope you guys had a good opening day for hunting (if you participate, that is). I actually got to participate a little in the hunting spirit, kind of. No, I didn't go hunting per se. :) It's kind of funny - I used to be against the sport of hunting. I just thought it was one of those rednecky things to do, I guess. I'm not saying that I totally agree with the whole concept, but I now understand why people enjoy it, and see the necessity of the sport. (cue Circle of Life). Talking to Brizzai and hanging out with him has really made me appreciate the outdoors more.

I'm not much of an outdoorsperson, but I could see getting into a few things here and there.

So this weekend, I did some housekeeping at the city home. Unfortunately, I didn't finish - I just finished vacuuming the top floor. I still have to do the lower floor and the rest of the stairs. I hate doing stairs with the vacuum. :P

Sunday I went with my dad to this travel expo thing. It was ok. Made me want to take a cruise someday. But I think I may be more in love with cruising than the destination. I saw a presentation for Alaska. Pretty nifty. But I was just imagining how much fun it would be on the boat :) I wouldn't mind doing one of those cruise / tours around the world sometime. Just have to split up vacation money among toys and other recreational activites :)

After the expo, I wrestled with the pc in the basement for a while. I tried to put in some new hardware, software, etc. Like all computer projects for me, it's not a smooth process. I am glad I don't do this for a living :)

And yes, I'm still trying to work on the damn machine. I feel like I'm getting nowhere. Thanks Billy G.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home