Tuesday, October 28, 2003

"Oh wow, I can do this! Oh wait, I'm wearing heels..."

Hi all,

Hope you're all doing well.

What's up with all the rain? This is not what I pictured what Fall would look like :) I guess it's supposed to be nice on Halloween though, so that should be good for all the young'uns (and I guess old'uns) that are going to be out asking for tricks or treats. The past years have been quite cold, so the turnout''s been pretty low. we'll see how things go this year.

So I can tell that I'm in one of those cycles again where I take a break from top 40 radio. If I have to hear Nelly, Diddy and the entire group telling me to shake my tailfeather again, I'm going to hurl.

I guess that's why I've been listening to other stuff as of late. This time I'm having more of a dance music bend (hence the internet radio). Last time it was jazz, another time it was reggae.

So about the quote above, no, I haven't been cross dressing ;) Today Peggy and I were talking about stuff on the computer, and she had (I guess you'd call it) stooped on the ground to talk to me. Apparently, she can't do it flat footed (which is how you're supposed to do it or something), because she usually ends up falling back. You get what I'm saying here by "stoop?" Like scrunching your body down low, and balancing your whole body with just your feet flat on the floor. Anyway...

So of course we start talking about it and laughing - so I had to try it myself. My cube mate heard us talking and looks over the wall at us and just started laughing. Peggy and I were both hunched on the ground. I was trying to balance my body by putting my arms forward. Needless to say, it was quite amusing, I'm sure.

Nuttiness.

Brizzai was sick today, so he didn't come into work. Apparently, his daughter got sick in school as well so she was home early, so everything worked out ok (as well as it could, I guess). Apparently she had a stomach bug or something and uhh, yacked.

Brizzai had called and was telling me this, so I asked if the school sent her home with "loaner clothes." Come on, you know what I'm talking about. When we were in elementary school, do you remember that the office always had a box of clothes (not sure if they were lost and found or donated) that the nurses would make you wear like if you ripped your pants during school, or got sick on them? The clothes were always an odd color and from the decade before...

Luckily, I never had to wear the "loaner clothes"... But one of the memories I have of them was when I saw a classmate wearing the blue-green corduroy pants. Which, come to think of it, I may have seen a similar style being sold at the Gap. (maybe a different color though)

I guess fashion is on a cycle :) Hopefully silly things like parachute pants won't come back.

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home