Wednesday, December 10, 2003

I don't get it...

Hi all,

Hope you're all doing well tonite. I had a blog entry from earlier today, and due to some craziness, it got blown away. I had clicked post and publish and I got this wacky login screen.

Ahhh, the beauty of web based applications :)

So let's see. I guess I'll try to remember what I said in my earlier post from today.

Right now, I'm writing to you from the comfort of my bed. You see, whenever I compute from a remote locale, the laptop always gets pretty warm sitting on my lap. I know that heat is bad for the PC and me, so I've been on the lookout for one of those breakfast in bed dining tables at my preferred vendor, Target.

Unfortunately, the ones that I've seen there are not completely flat on top. They have some sort of raised edge, to contain those orange juice spills, I guess. So, I've been concerned that the computer won't fit on the top. So I was walking around the Michael Graves aisle and saw this "foldable shelf" thing that looked like it would work perfectly. And you know what? It does - My legs fit pretty nicely under the thing. It's like my personalized computer platform :) I can even sit cross legged and compute! :)

As an added bonus, I think the metal shelf top helps dissipate the heat as well :) Heat bad! Cooling good!

Heh.

OK, so what else...

Today ended the four day marathon of holiday shopping. I was so beat. Did I get all of my shopping done? Ummm. No, not all the way. But I'm not going to set foot in a store for a while. Well at least for a few days ;)

I must say, I'm starting to get sick of holiday music though. It's playing everywhere. It's playing on the radio, in the stores, wherever you go. Kind of scary. But I'm glad I only have to hear the music once a year.

So here's a question that eats away at me everytime I hear it, and I just don't get it. What is the deal with "administrative leave with pay?" Usually, something (e.g., an "incident" not particularly favorable) happens, and until further investigation can be done, the people involved get put on administrative leave with pay. Am I the only one that thinks that it's kind of wacky? So let me get this straight. You don't have to work, and you get paid your regular wage? Isn't that what's usually known as vacation?

Anyway, so tomorrow will start the housecleaning and whatnot. Not looking forward to that, but the city home needs to be vacuumed pretty badly. I bought these nifty under cabinet lights at Costco that I need to put in as well...

I really can't believe it's Wednesday already. This week is flying by. Sad but true.

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home