Friday, November 28, 2003

Hi all,

Hope all's well.

Unfortunately, I had to go into work today. Unlike at the dot com, the not-so-new-anymore job doesn't give me the day after days off. Oh well.

It was nice though, there were minimal phone calls and e-mail, so I got a chance to get some work done. I got to leave a tad early, so I thought I'd partake in the nuttiness of the biggest shopping day of the year so I ventured out to the shopping mecca. In my usual wait until the last minute fashion, I was looking for a new shirt to wear to the reunion tomorrow.

I found some good candidates for shirts, but nothing exactly what I was looking for. What was I looking for? To be honest, I wasn't really sure, but I just knew that the stuff that I saw was not it :) How's that for an answer ;)

It was nutty at the mecca, don't get me wrong, but I managed to navigate my way around quickly and was in and out of the stores quite efficiently. I was hoping that most of the shoppers would be tired out from the early morning activities, and the poor schmucks who had to work today would get our chance. Well, it looks like stripes, checks, and solids (like usual) are in this year.

The other day I was driving to work, and I had a great experience that made me ready for winter:

It was quite cold outside, but he inside of the car had warmed up to the optimum driving temperature. Nat King Cole was on the radio singing the Christmas Song. I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas moment. I felt all warm on the inside and the outside :) It was a wonderful feeling.

Which reminds me, I have to write and get my holiday cards out soon. I'm always impressed by the people that consistently send out cards right after Thanksgiving. Impressive indeed.

I tell ya, writing roman numerals ia a pain in the arse. No wonder we don't use them anymore ;)

Class reunion is tomorrow. Exciting and nervous, I tell you :)

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home