Wednesday, February 18, 2004

A great way to travel.

Hi all,

Hope all's well this evening.

Came back from class a little bit ago. Our instructor was telling us about how his parents travel when they make their yearly migration down to Florida in the wintertime. I thought it was absolutely amazing. It's something I want to try some day:

They travel without a map. Just a compass that's in the car.

How cool is that? Imagine just being on the road and navigating the old world way. For me, it's cool for 2 reasons:

First, I would love to vacation and travel when time is no issue. Second, my adventure starts when I leave my driveway, not when I get to my destination.

I think travelling without a map is a great idea - I wonder if I could be that unstructured and free spirited to actually do it in practice.

Maybe I am in the wrong profession...

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home