Saturday, February 21, 2004

Momentum is hard to overcome.

Hi all,

Hope you're having a nice weekend.

There's nothing better than hot soup on a cold day :) This whole morning (and early part of the afternoon) has been dedicated to reading the paper and doing my taxes. I've been listening to all of the CDs that I've bought recently too - I've been serenaded by Norah (who has a new site), Sarah, and Frank.

It's pretty windy out there. I was out shoveling the light dusting of snow we had - it was nutty because the wind was blowing so hard.

So what's on the mind today...

Yesterday, the supaflyride turned 90k. Unforutunately, I missed it by 5 miles. Bummer. When it turns 100k, I'll have to get a picture or something.

Why don't they make single size serving soup cans? Why's it always have to be at least 2 servings? Because then, you're faced with a situation when you're eating alone - do you consume the whole can and get 2x the sodium? Or save it for a later meal?

I usually choose the former instead of the latter - Unless it's clam chowder, I probably won't have the same soup for a while. By that time, it'll probably go bad. I guess I could freeze it? But then it may suffer the same fate of the alfredo sauce that I froze last year :) It's still in the fridge. Frozen.

Anyway, I think I'm set for my sodium count for today. Maybe tomorrow too.

Speaking of pasta-like products, I would like to request to all food people to be more specific when describing ravioli dishes. Kind of like the hard boiled egg, one ravioli is a perfectly contained food. It has it's own container, and there's usully good stuff inside.

Anyway, back to my discussion - Whenever I order a ravioli dish, it's never what I expect. For instance, I was at a restaurant and ordered shrimp ravioli. What did I expect? Ravioli filled with some sort of shrimp goo, right?

Ho - It was meat product goo ravioli with shrimp on the outside. (shrug). So the same thing happens at a bistro where we had lunch last week. I wanted portobello ravioli - same thing. Meat goo filled ravioli with slivers of portobello mushrooms on top. Honestly, I didn't think there was one full mushroom in my dish. It had to be less than a half. It was tood, but needless to say, I was a tad disappointed. Is it just me? Am I just that green about ordering ravioli? Hmmm. I'll have to be more specific next time (or read the descriptions better)...

Oh yeah, so this morning, while I was shoveling, I noticed that there was a car that was parked (at an angle) half on the grass and half on the street. The car looked like it was pretty well stuck in the snowbank. I'm guessing someone lost control of their car or something, but it looked like someone thought the driveway was about 5 feet closer to them than it actually was :)

So 2 dudes and a driver of a Buick Rendezvous show up to try and dig it out. They end up tying a rope to the car and used the Buick to pull the stuck car out. It was hard to concentrate on shoveling the snow when all this was going on.

Today's food craving is to have a really good salad. Like a make my own salad bar type of salad. :) I'm not sure where to go though...

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home