Thursday, February 19, 2004

I think I remember that brownish green stuff - I think it's called grass.

Hi everyone,

Hope you're doing well this evening. I'm so glad it's Friday tomorrow. It's been an abridged week, and I'm glad it's almost over. We have a pretty big presentation coming up on Tuesday, so Brizzai and I have been busting arse trying to get it done.

For dinner I had to satisfy my burrito craving - I went to Baja Fresh and had a very leisurely dinner. I enjoyed my Ultimo Burrito (with tons of pico de gallo) and read the entire paper. The restaruant switched ther salsa verde - this time it was very green. In the past, it's always been kind of a lighter shade. Who knows. It was a little hotter than normal too. (shrug).

I used to have a complex about eating by myself at a restaurant. I would feel kind of self conscious, I guess. After travelling for weeks at a time on business, you kind of get over that feeling pretty quickly. I usually take something to read and just chill out. I don't like to feel rushed when eating - I always feel like I eat too quickly already and don't take time to enjoy my food. I used to travel with this lady who ate slower than I did - So I tried to do the same thing and match her speed - otherwise I'd always have to wait for her to finish. We were on assignment for over a month, and you know what? At the end, I ate slower than she did sometimes. Kinda odd - but now I'm back to my old tricks of eating fast again.

I once read somewhere that you're comfortable with yourself when you are cool with doing things by yourself - like going out to eat, or seeing a movie, for example. Although, I've never gone to see a movie by myself yet.

So it was nice out today. It was above freezing :) I drove home with the window rolled down a few inches. It was nice. As an added bonus, the days are getting longer again :)

For the first time in what seems like months, I saw something that I hadn't seen in a long long while. Brownish / greenish patches of grass. It's true, there is stuff under all those huge piles of dirty, grey, black, and brown snow. There is still some acual white snow, but if you look on the side of the roads, it is getting pretty gross. The snow has turned from pure white to nastiness. It's time for a change of seasons :)

Almost every morning I have a hard boiled egg - I usually just boil them in batches so I can have one in the morning. I'm always amazed at what a neat food the egg actually is. There aren't too many self-contained foods like that. Plus, the egg whte and yolk (why isn't it called egg yellow?) go well together. The white by itself is tasy, but there's not much substance. The yolk by itself is a little dry. Together, it's quite tasty. Plus, the extra pieces of egg shell add a unique crunchiness not found in too many other foods :)

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home