Saturday, April 10, 2004

Sweetie... (poke poke poke poke)

Hi everyone,

Hope you're doing well. I would have written yesterday, but I was talking on the phone to the long lost Suzy.

Anyway after dinner my mom and I went out to the shopping mecca to follw up on the eyeglass frames fiasco. Of course, the fine people at the optical place had the wrong ones. And of course the ones that I'm supposed to get are out of stock, and they have to be ordered and they'll come in on Monday or Tuesday. (shrug).

My original intention was to pick out new frames and just not get the ones I had originally chosen. But I was in an odd state last night - I was not in the mood at all to go through the whole process of picking out frames again. It was cool when I used to wear contacts because I could clearly see what I'd look like in frames that I picked out - Now I just see blurriness and I have to be like 6 inches from the mirror. You just don't get the full effect.

I wasn't in a bad mood - I just didn't feel like doing the "try on" that night.

So afterwards we go to one of the department stores to look for some random finds, just in case. I was totally turned off while shopping at one of the sections. There was this couple that just made me want to gag and poke my eyes out. Well it was the lady of the couple. The entire time, I heard her say 3 key phrases:

- "Sweetie, do you like (insert brand name here)?"
- "Sweetie, I think that looks better than the (insert brand name here) that we just bought"
- "Sweetie, you don't like (insert brand name here)?

Over and over. Oh yeah, I think she said, "Sweetie, why are you snapping at me?"

(snicker)

I'm totally serious. So by the 7th sentence starting with "Sweetie," I was looking around for stuff to gag or poke myself in the eyes with. I was only able to find the hangars. Not very effective since everything is rounded off.

OK, so you're probably thinking I'm of low tolerance, right? They were standing at least 4 or 5 clothes racks away from each other. And she was talking very very loud.

Now the best part of all of this was the guy that she was with was getting annoyed too. He had key phrases too:
- "No"
- "Ungh"
- "Yes"

Plus a few mumbles in there. And of course, there were the ignores (prompting her to ask her questions again).

I think he was looking for sharp objects too. He was eyeing my hangar.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home