Tuesday, April 06, 2004

I am learning more about networks than the average human being should know.

Hi all,

Just a short note before going to bed. I was dragging pretty badly today so I need to get my shite together for tomorrow.

So I had to read 3 chapters for my computer networking class, right? It's never taken me so long to swim through 3 chapters. I'm being good and taking notes, right? I'm pretty much rewriting the book on my laptop. Crizzaziness. Do network admins really know this stuff? Or is this just part of the hazing process? I'm already a broken man. Work owns me and tells me what to do on a daily basis. It even tells me what I can and can't wear. It's like I'm in a bad relationship.

The eyeglasses place called to let me know that they wacked my order. They got the frame order wrong, and needed me to go in again to verify that they had the right ones. It turns out that they didn't. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be able to pick the right ones out of the display case again, but I was pretty sure that the ones that they had were not the right ones. I even had my mom there to verify (who helped me pick out the ones in the first place). The frames that they had were smaller than the ones that I picked out, and had a different shape to them. Same brand, same price, but I'm pretty sure not the right ones. (sigh). I can't believe it took them 1.5 weeks to figure out that they had the wrong ones.

As an added bonus, the theoretical "right pair" is not in stock. I guess they'll find out when they'll be restocked tomorrow I guess. I have an out now though, if I want to wuss out and get cheaper frames.

we'll see what they tell me tomorrow. If it's more than 1 more week, I'm bailing.

-Kirk



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home