Saturday, April 03, 2004

You're a gentleman and a scholar...

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this morning.

Just a quick note:

I had to make a run to the post office this morning (yes, Saturday is my post office day) - All was just as expected, until I was leaving - I held the door open for an elder gentleman, and again, not sure if it was a mood thing, what he said, how he said it, or what, but he just made me smile.

He said, "You're a gentleman and a scholar," and pats me on the arm.

That's it.

After that, I just walked out to the car with a huge smile on my face. Like I said, I don't know what it was. Maybe I figured it was a goofy thing to say about someone that's a complete stranger and just holds the door for you. Don't get me wrong, the gesture was very pleasant and genuine. I appreciate people that express gratitude when you do something nice for them, no matter how small.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home