Tuesday, April 20, 2004

When is it going to be my day? Small Cog in the Man's Machinery Day?

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well.

So the big news for today is that the new glasses are finally here. Good things come to those who wait.

Or something like that.

They were totally as advertised. When I went to take delivery of them, I was like the new father at the nursery who is worried that he wouldn't recognize his own newborn kid. But when I took posession of them, I knew that they were the right ones. Plus, it was a perfect first time fit - no adjusting required.

But of course, with my luck, it was overcast outside, so I didn't get to try out the the photocromic lenses (the lenses change color when it gets sunny). Maybe tomorrow, or some other day when it's sunny in the next month ;)

So I guess tomorrow is Administrative Assistant's day, (or it's this week, I forget which). The radio's been bombarding the listeners with florist ads.

Anyway, so our department got our admin some goodies and whatnot for tomorrow.

So of course, I think - When is it going to be my day?

Small Cog in the Man's Machinery Day?

It should be every day.

So the place where I got my glasses is in the shopping mecca, right? In the parking lot, there's this dude and he's got his stereo just pounding out tunes. He was doing something in the trunk, so I asked him about his gear. He had a pair of these 12" robocop looking subwoofers in the back, with this crazy head unit that had a foldout LCD monitor. His gear? $4000.00 (per him).

That's more than what my car's worth.

In a way, that kinda sounds wrong :)

-Kirk



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home