Sunday, September 19, 2004

Cable tie crazy.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well on this very perfect weekend. The sun's out, it's warm, and there's a gentle breeze.

I've not been doing much this past week. Just the usual, realizing how much extra time I have with no school :)

9 more months to go.

Alas, I blew the 4.0 this semester. But that's ok. Pesky A-. Database kicked my arse this time (as predicted).

So what have I been doing? Since I wrote last time, I've been building a new (to her) computer for my mom. Mark sent me parts of his old machine (parts is parts) so I Frankensteined a machine together and put it in a swanky case. I'm still waiting for some cables that I ordered, but the machine works well so far and I'm pretty happy with it.

But it led me to becoming obsessed with those cable zip ties. And cable management - After seeing a few cases at the computer store that were meticulously constructed, complete with cable ties and wire loom around the cables, I was inspired to do the same thing with this machine. I didn't go overboard, but I spent a good long time tying excess cables up and figuring out how to route them to look as clean as possible.

I think I did allright - It's not show quality (and UV reactive, heh), but I'm happy with how it turned out - considering it's all "under the hood" anyway. But for me it's all about personal satisfaction.

I know inside that it's super clean and air can freely move around the case for maximum cooling :)

I could really see myself going overboard and doing the lucite clear case with extra neon, steel braided cables, and power supply with the mirror finish :)

So I've started to do cable ties and routing of cables around the house too - I was busy rerouting cables for the speakers in the kitchen today. Complete with cable ties - no wire loom though :)

Cable ties are my favorite.

I finally got a chance to watch Lost in Translation in about 4 sittings. I was watching it off an on while installing software and doing computer stuff.

I think it was a good movie. But I will probably have to watch the movie again sometime - Just to make sure that I pieced everything together. But man, Scarlett Johansson is a real hottie.

-Kirk



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home