Sunday, September 12, 2004

Lazy Sunday.

Hi all,

Hope you're having a great weekend.

I've been pretty lazy this whole time. It feels nice.

Yesterday I paid a visit to Steve and E at their new house in E. Lansing - It was very nice - Everything still had that new construction gleam to it. I'm sure once they get settled in they'll be very happy there.

The drive out there really wiped me out - I was feeling sleepy around 10:30 last night - I managed to stay up until 11:30 or so. And I even slept until 9:00 this morning!

So yesterday after lunch we drove around and ended up going to one of the parks by their house that just so happened to be on the lake. So I got a taste of what I thought Florida would be like if I had actually gone.

Just without all the wind.

It was nice to be around the lake. The weather was absolutely perfect. A nice end to the visit. Of course, I had to go wading in the water. :)

The beach wasn't busy at all - There were quite a few jetskis and boats out, so it was nice to see people having fun on the lake. There were sailboats too - Made me want to give it a try sometime.

Maybe next summer.

I like seeing kids play in the sand - It reminds me of how life should be. Not sitting in front of a computer, not indoors playing Playstation. It's also very nice to see families hanging out together.

Such innocence.

I think I need to make more of an effort to enjoy the things in life that don't need to be plugged in.

Of course, there were moments of not-really innocent as well. (shrug) There was a couple getting quite familiar with each other on the lawn - I felt bad for the other young lady who was laying down on the same towel next to them.

That's friendship for you, I guess.

On Friday we were talking at work about vacations - How each person has a little different idea of what's the best way to travel.

Here were the two extremes:
- One person liked to vacation in a very posh way - First class all the way
- Someone else liked to spend money on stuff other than vacations (e.g., toys)

It's interesting to hear the different points of view. I'm all about the value though :) Everyone at work is in a different stage of life though - So maybe age has something to do with it. Family too.

-Kirk



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home