Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Adventures at Costco.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this evening.

The odd weather has brought the summer weather into fall. The mild summer has turned into a not so mild fall. It's been on the warmer side and pretty high on the humidity. Not my favorite, but I'm sure it'll get cool pretty soon, so I know I should enjoy it while I can.

Today was my first Costco trip in what has seemed like months.

Even though I like to go on weekdays (cause there's less people), there's usually a line for the checkout. That's when I take time out to scope what other people have in their cart, and guess what they do with their purchases.

The easy ones to spot are the people that have restaurants. Otherwise, I can't imagine what people need with six 1 gallon jugs of olive oil, and huge packs of multi-sticks of butter.

Today, there were these two ladies that bought some peculiar things:

- About 20 pairs of fleece gloves
- About 6 outdoorsy heavy duty flannel shirts
- A dozen double packs of lotion
- 12 tubes of toothpaste
- 12 bottles of shampoo
- 12 bottles of conditioner
- About 6 three packs of socks that looked like slippers

I couldn't tell what else they bought, but whatever it was, they had a lot - It came out to about 800 dollars (before tax)

That's a lot of stuff in one trip :)

Anyway, so we had a fourth of what they had. And that was plenty for me.

I was a little disappointed in the Costco experience today - They no longer have some of the stuff that I usually buy.

Dissed.

Next week is vacation - For the whole week. Unforutnately, I don't think it's going to be a clean break. I still have a ton to do for the next two days. I hope I can finish everything...

-Kirk


1 Comments:

At 1:23 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think their shopping list is to stock a lesbian camp. I would say it could stock a lumberjack camp (the lotion makes sense), but I can't see lumberjacks wearing slipper socks or caring about hair conditioner. It's gotta be a lesbian camp ;)

fini

 

Post a Comment

<< Home