Tuesday, August 31, 2004

The Humpty Dance.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this evening. Just finished some studying - double quiz tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be ready.

Anyway, 2 weeks left of the school semester! And less than 2 weeks until vacation! Woopee!

I was talking to Brian today, and I was telling him that I really need a vacation - I'm starting to "check out" at work. You know, like getting burnt out. I need a vacation badly. Luckily, next week is going to be a 4 day workweek, and so is the week after!

Love it.

So today I was getting set up for a meeting while Brian was talking to me. And for some reason I was asking him to stop doing something and said, "allright, stop what you're doing..."

And of course, I had to finish up with...

Cause I'm about to ruin
the image and the style that ya used to
I look funny
but yo I'm makin' money, see
so yo world I hope you're ready for me.

And no, I'm totally not making this up :)

And he just kinds of looks at me and says (with a totally straight face), "are you making this up?"

So maybe Digital Underground wasn't as popular as I thought?

(shrug)

So the moral of this story is that yes, even rap lyrics have their place in corporate America.

What else...

One of my grad school friends got in touch with me through Friendster. It was a nice surprise. I don't think I've talked to her since grad school graduation in 2000.

I can't believe it's been 4 years since I've graduated.

Time is definitely flying by.

-Kirk




1 Comments:

At 8:25 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Digital Underground...I remember thinking "wow, with a name like that, this must be some great new punky synth-pop outfit."...Then I heard the Humpty Dance.

Oh well.

John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home