Friday, September 03, 2004

Mental smoke breaks.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this evening.

I am so ready for this long weekend. I was starting to get loopy at work - One of my coworkers called me out on it too. It was quite funny.

Work was really really quiet today. Too quiet. Again, it reminds me how much you need to value your coworkers. I never realized how many chat breaks I took (which breaks up the day) - Until today, when I had pretty much none.

Time slowed to a crawl.

It reminded me of back in tha day when I was an intern at another large company (back in grad school) and I worked in an office where I didn't really talk to anyone. There weren't that many people around, and none of them were my age. It was pretty rough at times.

So even though the office was pretty much empty, I was a good corporate citizen and continued to keep the machinery of the man turning.

Brian's boss called me on the phone today at 4:30 - I didn't recognize the caller ID, and I was really surprised to get a call. When I answered it, I heard, "what are you still doing there?"

I didn't know how to respond. :)

I guess she figured I didn't recognize her voice, so when she said who she was, it made sense.

So she told me to go home...

woo hoo! Got home about 30 mins early - It may not sound like a big deal, but I didn't have to be told twice. I was outtathere.

So, I came home, ate dinner, and became a good school citizen. I spent 3 hours editing our final case study paper for one of my classes. I can't wait to get that thing kicked off - It'll be one less thing to worry about while I daydream and think about vacation.

Which leads me to an interesting conundrum. Plug or unplug? Laptop or no laptop for the Florida trip? Hmm. Mark said to bring it. Geneman is electing not to. I kind of want to bring the laptop for my short attention span, but I'm not that crazy about lugging it around and keeping it in the hotel room when we're out and about.

Hmmm...

The thing is, I bought an extra battery for my laptop too.

I guess my mp3 player will be fine. But I have visions of surfing on the net at the airport and watching movies on the plane too... Maybe playing some games or working a little on the webpage...

Oh well, I guess I still have time to mull it over.

Which, by the way, vacation is 1 week away! With all this craziness about the hurricane, I'm a little worried - But I'm sure Geneman and I will have fun anyway.

We'll make it fun. Somehow.

So about the line at the top - I don't smoke. But I like to take breaks throughout the day to look out the window - I know, it's a kind of torture for me to be stuck inside while it's so nice out. But I enjoy it. I like to look at the cars in the parking lot, cars driving by, people walking around, and I can see my car too :)

But I figure, people that smoke take smoke breaks right? What about the people that don't smoke? Well, I like to take smoke breaks too - just without the smoking part :)

Those are my staring out the window breaks.

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home