Friday, September 24, 2004

The whole nightmare, except the naked part.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this evening...

The weather's been really nice. Not typical fall weather, but it's been nice. Like an extension of summer. The last minute kind.

So here's what happened today.

Never a dull moment.

I had dinner with my parental units and was watching a little Friends afterwards. Nothing out of the ordinary right? Kickin' back, enjoying the last few days of my vacation. If I was a gangsta I would have been cracking open the case of 40 ouncers.

Next thing ya know, the cell phone rings...

It's one of my buddies from school, asking me what happened to me and where I was.

School was in session.

For some reason, I had thought school started next week. So like the nighmare that every kid has about the first day of school. Getting there late, being totally unprepared, not knowing where the classroom was, and showing up naked.

Everything that students fear on the first day of school happened, except being naked - I was an hour and a half late. I was totally unprepared. Before leaving the house I grabbed some printer paper to take notes on (I had no idea where my folder was). My book was stuck in snail mail land for delivery. I tried to sneak into the classroom with stealth and just sat down at the first open computer station.

For once, I was that guy.

Don't be that guy.

Luckily my group buddies were looking out for me - Otherwise, I would have missed the whole class.

I'm never going to live this one down.

-Kirk




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home