Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Ding! Computer's done.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this evening. Another day has come and gone. It's Tuesday right? One week left before school starts up...

So this morning, I had some drywall work done at the city home. I was thoroughly impressed. The dude showed up pretty much at 8:00 a.m. (well within Michigan time). He was done fairly quickly and did a really nice job.

So after setting everything back up (I had to move stuff and cover everything up with a drop cloth) life returned to normal.

But all was not normal - I actually read a book today! It's the first time in years (seriously). The last time I read for pleasure was when I was travelling in North Carolina working at a client site (maybe 2002-ish?)

So I still can read... Just like riding a bicycle.

And, just like the UPS site promised, I got my cables today! And my 4 blue LED fan :) So my mom's machine is officially done. I had special ordered these round braided copper IDE and floppy drive cables (which theoretically were to complement the bronze case) - I know, I'm probably getting a little too artsy, but I thought it would look cool. And I think it does, for the most part. The blue LED fan is pretty nifty too. I installed it in the back of the case. The fan casts a gentle blue light on the wall behind the computer case, giving it an "aura."

I didn't get a blingy fan for my own machine, but I made sure to get some swank stainless steel braided round cables :)

I also tried calling the bookstore today, but got the shaft - nobody picked up the phone. So I ended up paying them a visit.

They had my book.

Woo hoo! Now I just have to wait for my Buy.com order to come in for my other book...

If it ever ships.

-Kirk



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home