Saturday, October 09, 2004

Don't hate the playa. Hate the game that I don't play.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well and are having a nice weekend. Especially when it's a 3 day weekend! Woo hoo! Thanks Columbus.

So let's see, what's been going on...

Tuesday was another brutal class. Our instructor assigned us 10 minute presentations. Groups range from 5 to 6 people. We had a group of 5 so we figured 2 mins per person, right? I felt bad for the groups with 6 people.

But the horror started with the first group when their presentation took over 20 minutes. Seriously. Hmmm.

Ours was one of the shortest at less than 15 minuntes. Just for the record, my part of the presentation was 2 minutes +/- 10 seconds. I had practiced it all Monday night.

So, 2.5 hours later, the six presentations were done. Can you believe that shit? 2.5 freakin hours to do six "10 minute" presentations. Of course there were questions too.

I was severely troubled, because the instructor did nothing in regards to time control. Not once did she make reference to people going over their time limits. Nor did she limit the questions asked by the class.

If we had been in the first class I had taken at this school, the instructor would have played the orchestral music (just like during acceptance speeches at the award shows) if you had gone over a minute or two.

S0 2.5 hours without any breaks was truly brutal. We were all pretty ragged after that. But it wasn't over.

We still had lecture.

So, I got home a little bit after 10. Apparently, I hadn't vented enough, because I was a tad edgy at work the next day. I hadn't realized it but I must have still been disturbed from the prior night's activities.

10 minutes, my ass.

Friday's class was less crappy, but crappy nonetheless.

I'm in this weird funk.

I was very unmotivated to go to class on Friday. Like I wanted to skip. But I didn't.

I'm not sure if I've been sick or something, but I've been rather tired as of late. I thought I had been sleeping well, but I've been tired every day this week. And grouchy too.

So today, I tried to catch up on my sleep - I slept in until 11:30 ish. And have been doing homework off and on ever since. I'm finally done, so I am going to take it easy the rest of the night. I feel like such a pimp answering discussion questions and writing a blog entry on a Saturday night.

Watch out, young ladies.

So what to do this weekend, what to do...

-Kirk




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home