Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The food chain / Another world

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this evening... It's warmer outside so I can't complain about the cold! I tell ya, you get one day where the temperatures are above the teens and I'm ready to bring out the spring jackets.

My mom is hoping that this will be the last of the cold.

I don't think so. Would be nice though.

Anyway, so a couple things to tell today.

Brian and I were coming back from the little store downstairs - we were coming back from a water run. As we're waiting for the elevator, Brian's boss' boss walks up with a 24 pack of bottled water - The exact same brand and size that Brian had.

Brian looks at boss^2 and makes a remark about how he's got a 24 pack, and Brian can only afford one. I forget what boss^2's remark was, but I just started laughing.

I was standing there with water from the tap. (which might as well have come from a garden hose)

That whole experience embodied the hierarchy of the Man and his machine, all the way down to the little cog.

Too funny.

Let's see, what else. I was meeting my mom and family friends for dinner today and the outdoor mall. And you know what? I make my usual stop at the Man's uniform store, and guess what - No more men's clothes.

How's that for a swift kick in the ass?

If you're a lady though, life's all good - the whole store is now dedicated to you (it's almost doubled) :)

Grr. So one less reason to visit that place. But anyway, so I had some extra time to kill before everyone showed up so I took a quick look around the place. And I got a bit of "culture" if you will. I couldn't really shop at my normal place, so I decided to get out of the comfort zone, if you will.

My lessons learned for today:
- Abercrombie is the kid's version of Abercrombie & Fitch.
- Hollister Co. kinda reminds me of A&F (see above)
- It is way too dark in the stores listed above
- The music is way too loud in the stores listed above
- I am not the target demographic (i.e., there is a reason wny I've never gone into these stores)

I'm not scarred for life, but I don't think I'll be going into one of these stores again for a long time.

Unless I start dating some lady that wears shortie jean shorts (or skirt) and a white tank top. I'm serious, every cluster of manikins at Hollister featured a lady figure with that exact ensemble.

And when you go in to the store, it's a whole different world almost. For a few minutes, I thought it was summer inside. (shrug) the people there were dressed like it was 80 outside and spring break was going to start after the store closed.

I felt bad for the parents that looked like zombies waiting / shopping for their kids.

That's love for ya.

-Kirk



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home