Sunday, March 27, 2005

3 to choose from.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this weekend. The sun is out for a bit today so it's all good. :)

Friday was pretty quiet at work - We were allowed to leave a couple of hours early, but like usual, I never take advantage of it. Just too much stuff going on.

As usual, Fridays are kind of laid back, so we were just taking a break at the end of the day just chatting about the weekend and whatnot.

So it brought up up an interesting phenomenon. Why do some women call their women friends girlfriends? I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but I don't really call my homies my boyfriends.

If I did, it would surely raise a few eyebrows at the office, I'm sure.

Anyway, is it more of adding a certain qualifier to the friend thing? Does that cheapen the whole boyfriend thing? Since for women, calling someone your boyfriend is theoretically on the same level as girlfriend?

Maybe "main squeeze" works better.

And then what do same sex couples call their significant others? Do they do the boyfriend and girlfriend thing too? And their friends of the same sex? Boyfriend or girlfriend?

Confusing, huh?

We also discussed that crazy people are a challenge to work with.

Let's say I had to work with 2 people. One's a killler, and one's just plain crazy. I would much rather work with the killer - At least I know, going into the working relationship that he's trying to kill me. So I could take the proper precautions, right? You know, I'd very cautiously disagree, wouldn't stay in the office late, etc.

Now the crazy person, on the other hand, you really don't know what you're getting into. Work with me here. Is he going to bust a cap in your ass? Is he going to just hug you and call you George? How exactly would you protect yourself? That's exactly it.

You just don't know.

So the moral of this story? When you're trying to get people to stop bothering you, don't act like a killer. Act crazy. The unpredictability is going to throw people off.

A nuggget of wisdom.

Saturday was a fighting with technology day. It's many hours of my life that I'll never get back. Hours that could have been better spent doing other things.

I would like a refund.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home