Saturday, June 25, 2005

It's freakin hot outside.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing on this hot, humid weekend.

My adjustment to non-student status is going ok. Once in a while I still have those anxiety attacks of feeling like I need to get schoolwork done before my Thursday class. And then feeling like I need to crank out some documents for my final project.

I'll feel better once grades are posted, I'm sure.

So what's been going on as of late...

I'm still feeling the after effects of stying up late during the last week of school. I'd get to work, and feel like I'm ready for a nap in the late morning and early afternoon. Not that I've been going to sleep at a regular time recently but still.

My mom came home from the homeland this morning at 6:00 a.m. She ended up taking the same flight from LAX that I took in December.

I have just been existing and taking up space today at home. It's too hot to go outside, and the motivation level is low. I'm feeling tired too. Like I could use a nap.

I think I'm still decompressing from school.

Yesterday my mom called me from Los Angeles to let me know what flight she was taking home. I was at home (honest), and told her that I'd be around if she wanted to call back. I had to run out and get some groceries and (while I was out) do some extra shopping, so the next time she called, I was at my favorite store, Target.

I was trying to keep it on the downlow, but my cover was blown when someone came over the store loudspeaker (which usually never happens) and makes some sort of announcement. It sounded like I was in the airport.

So my mom asks, "What are you doing?"

Busted.

Oh well. I picked up some nifty stuff at Target and Marshall Field's though. Field's was having some kick ass sales.

So I've replaced school with shopping.

On Thursday, for the first time ever (I think), I went out to the bar after work for happy hour.

And there was this woman there that was as into cars as I was. Seriously. She even shared the same BMW 3 series love that I have. Although she actually lives the dream - she's got a mid 90s coupe that is in immaculate condition.

She would have had me at "hello" if her car had a manual transmission though.

Seriously though, I don't know how people meet others at a bar. It's just so damn noisy.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home