Sunday, June 26, 2005

The mysteries of black in the summer.

Hi all,

Hope you're having a good weekend.

Today's weather has been pretty much a repeat of yesterday. So it's freakin hot outside. And humid. For those of you that aren't from the Michigan area, how do I describe it?

OK, so the next time you're drying your laundry in the clothes dryer, open the door and stick your head in when it's 1/4 of the way through the cycle.

I'm serious.

That hot humid feeling? It's like that, but all over.

So here's an observation from today - I was in Ann Arbor visiting Drew. And we see this whole group of kids walking along the sidewalk, all wearing black.

I'm talking t-shirts, tanktops, and shorts. Some had black socks, but that's a topic for a whole different blog entry.

So I've never really understood wearing black in the summertime. Especially outside. Ok ok, black pants are marginally allright. But like black t-shirts and tanktops?

Isn't the whole idea of wearing a t-shirt or tanktop to stay cool?

I dunno, maybe these people know something that I don't.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home